During 2017 the Trust received a large number of applications for financial support from a wide range of different charitable organisations. The focus of the Trust continues to be on charities working with young people in the Edinburgh and Lothian area, and over the course of the year some 30 donations totalling in excess of £58,000 were made. Since the Trust was set up it has made donations of almost £1 million.
Here are some of the recent activities that the Ponton House Trust has been involved in.
Published on May 3, 2018
Published on Apr 23, 2017
During the second half of 2016 the Trustees held two meetings and distributed grants totalling £26,800 among the following 12 organisations in connection with their youth projects:
- The Prince’s Trust Scotland for their work in the Edinburgh area
- Dance Base Great Feats project
- Teenage Cancer Trust in connection with the new Sick Kids Hospital in Edinburgh
- Scotland Yard Adventure Centre
- Fischy Music
- Positive Help
- Edinburgh Young Carers Project
- Scottish Chamber Orchestra’s Wester Hailes Project
- Play Therapy Base Dalkeith
- Leith School of Art’s Craigroyston Art Project
- Project Scotland
- Royal Lyceum Theatre’s Creative Pathways Programme
The cumulative total of grants given out by the Trust since it started in 1993 has now risen to approximately £900,000. The Trustees are already engaged with and look forward to supporting a variety of new and interesting projects in 2017.